Throughout its design, construction and management, our green principles create a uniquely beneficial LEED certified living experience you won’t find at other luxury apartments in New York.
- Air: A fresh-air filtration system continuously replenishes and cleanses the air in your home to minimize allergens; air is heated and humidified during cold weather, and cooled and dehumidified in summer months.
- A high performance exterior wall system includes a vapor and air barrier to minimize random air-infiltration.
- Water: City water goes through a central water filtration system before it arrives at the faucets in your home.
- Construction Materials: Eco-Friendly paints, adhesives, and sealants emit no or low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
- Commissioning: Continuous internal IAQ monitoring ensures maximum environmental quality.
- Natural Light: Spectrally selective low-e glazing on windows filters out UV rays; efficient insulation minimizes heat loss in the winter and heat entry during the summer.
- Electric Light: Energy efficient fluorescent, LED low-wattage lighting fixtures have been installed throughout the building with motion sensors in all common areas.
- Electric Power: Efficient building systems include elevators with regenerative drives, a micro turbine system with heat recovery technology to simultaneously generate a portion of electricity for the building and heat water for domestic use; high efficiency pumps and variable speed motors conserve electric use based on building demand.
- Heating/Cooling: The central heating and cooling system is powered by natural gas, contains no ozone depleting refrigerants, and contributes to lower peak electric demand compared to typical New York City buildings. The ventilation system utilizes energy recovery technology to conserve energy while providing fresh air to all residences.
- Usage Control: Occupancy sensors and timers in common areas switch off lights during low-traffic times and turn them on when movement is sensed; in-residence four-pipe fan coil units provide heating and cooling via programmable digital thermostats for optimal climate control and increased energy savings.
- Appliances: In-home ENERGY STAR appliances and Bosch® washer and dryers conserve water and electricity.
- Building Façade: The brick exterior optimizes thermal performance; photovoltaic panels harvest sunlight and generate electricity for the building while reducing greenhouse gasses and use of fossil fuels.
- Roof Deck: Pesticide-free rooftop gardens landscaped with native plantings harvest rainwater for irrigation, reduce storm water run-off, and help reduce the Urban Heat Island Effect.
- Recycled Materials: At least 50% of all building materials contain some form of recycled content including concrete, steel, public area carpeting, and synthetic gypsum wallboards.
- Eco-Conscious Natural Materials: Building wood products were harvested in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council’s standards.
- Water Conservation: An on-site wastewater treatment system supplies toilets and central air conditioning units.
- Pesticide-free rooftop garden provides natural insulation for the building, helping to reduce energy.
- Utilization of FSC certified woods and low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) materials for healthier living.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows in most living rooms provide an abundance of natural light.
- Recycled materials and efficient construction waste management help preserve the environment.
- Recycled water reduces the demand for city water.
- Photovoltaic cells provide up to 5% of the building’s electric load, reducing greenhouse gasses by reducing dependence on fossil fuels.