Super Summer in Battery Park City!
You won't be at a loss for things to do in Battery Park City!
Battery Park City Parks has plenty of music, dance, theatre and storytelling programming to make your summer a delight!
Some highlights include:
- Friday, July 7th to Sunday July 9th at 7pm in Rockefeller Park, NY Classical Theatre presents The Rivals: “Cited as one of George Washington’s favorite plays, Richard Brinsley Sheridan’s comedy gives us gags, goofs, and a whole lot of laughs.”
- On Thursday, August 10th at 5:30pm you can hear The Knickerbocker Chamber Orchestra play “Foxtrot!” at Belvedere Plaza. “Dance classics from the Great American Songbook. Sing along, or cut a rug a la Fred and Ginger. Jeepers Creepers, you’ll have a good time!”
- Saturday, August 12th enjoy “Bhangra Family Dance” (video below) at 6:30pm-8:00pm at Esplanade Plaza. “Come join the energetic musical party and learn Bhangra, a fusion of traditional Punjabi-style folk dance and music with Western hip-hop and pop influences." The all-female dance team, Shaan Mutiyaaran Di, will lead the dances to the selected beats of DJ Sunny Entertainment.”
- Sunday August 13th to Friday August 18th, 7pm - 9pm, it’s the Battery Dance Festival at Wagner Park. “Celebrate the 36th year of New York City’s longest running public dance festival presented by Battery Dance. Enjoy six days of exciting international and local dance companies against one of the most beautiful backgrounds in the City.”
Arts Brookfield also continues their year-round entertainment with a stellar summer schedule, which includes:
- Harbored "a site-specific work that weaves together stories from the last two centuries of immigration in the U.S.—a stone’s throw from Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty." With a choir and a cast of over 50 performers.
- The Wednesday lunchtime concerts, Summer Plaza: "Curated by New Song Music, Summer on the Plaza features music by the next wave of up and coming singer-songwriters."
- Après Wednesdays brings you animation, live music, DJs, tarot card readings and more!
There's also a special offer from the Museum of Jewish Heritage and Battery Park City Authority:
- Free Museum Membership for Battery Park City Residents! "To thank the Battery Park City community, and in conjunction with its upcoming 20th anniversary, the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust is partnering with the Battery Park City Authority to offer free Museum memberships to Battery Park City residents through June 30, 2018. The Community Membership program provides all the benefits of an Individual level membership, including free Museum admission, discounted or free program tickets, and more." Stated Museum President & CEO Michael S. Glickman: “I extend an invitation to the all BPC residents to see the Museum as a community resource and to take advantage of all it has to offer, from thought-provoking exhibitions, to outstanding talks and performances, to young professional events, to family programs, to a delicious meal at Lox café”.
Discover how one seemingly ordinary camera and an unlikely courtship led to an extraordinary discovery. This summer, the Museum unveils the secret history behind the daring, high stakes spy operation that brought Adolf Eichmann, one of the world’s most notorious war criminals, out of the shadows. See photographs, film and recently declassified spy artifacts at “Operation Finale: The Capture & Trial of Adolf Eichmann”. #MJH #NewYork #OperationFinale #Exhibition #SummerExhibit #NYC #Art #NYCArt #NYCMuseum #StoriesSurvive Photo: @maltzmuseum