Battery Park City Events: Stories, Movies and Moving Stories
Battery Park City offers a broad array of entertainment! While Arts Brookfield and the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council consistently provide cultural opportunities, there are also a number of other intriguing happenings.
A few exciting recurring events include:
Battery Park City Authority (BPCA)'s "Stories Under the Stars" and "Winter Talks Series"
Stories Under the Stars
4-6pm at 6 River Terrace
- Saturday, February 4 – Featuring storyteller Julie Pasqual
- Saturday, March 25 – Featuring “celestial spring,” a look at the vernal equinox
"Evoking the spirit of a family campfire under the night sky, explore astronomy and the mysteries of the cosmos with an indoor planetarium, storytelling, and camping-themed art and play activities."
[caption id="attachment_2008" align="alignnone" width="800"] Photo via Battery Park City Authority's site. ("Stories under the Stars")[/caption]
1pm at 6 River Terrace
- Tuesday, February 7 – Marking Time, Marking Place: Lower Manhattan THEN & NOW
- Tuesday, February 21 – The Climate Museum
- Tuesday, March 7 – Georgia O’Keeffe’s New York Years
- Tuesday, March 28 – City on a Grid: How New York Became New York
7pm at St. Paul’s Chapel, 209 Broadway (Broadway and Fulton Street)
"You’re invited to take a cinematic stroll down New York’s memory lane at St. Paul’s Chapel, which is celebrating its 250th anniversary on October 30. Each movie will be accompanied by a brief talk about New York and St. Paul’s Chapel during the time period of the monthly featured film."
(Admission and snacks are free.)
- Friday, February 24: The Odd Couple (1968)
- Friday, March 24: Love Story (1970)
[caption id="attachment_2009" align="alignnone" width="980"] Photo via Trinity Wall Street's site (trinitywallstreet.org/movies)[/caption]
8pm at 180 Maiden Lane (Every 2nd Wednesday)
"Animation Nights New York (ANNY) is a curated monthly animation screening and networking event held in the South Street Seaport of NYC. Admission is free."
- Wednesday, Feb 8
- Wednesday, March 8
- Wednesday, April 12 (and on. No September show.)